Saturday, September 27, 2008

What if you could today change your ATTITUDE

Attitude ...... Attitude ....... I have just finished reading a very good book by Luis Lobo. Mr. Lobo is an executive with BB&T bank. He worked hard all of his life to succeed and succeed he did. The name of the book is "It Is Your Attitude." I had to do a presentation at work in front of a large group of people. I opted to read the book and analyze my attitude and hopefully be a help to others that are struggling with something in their life. My first thought was me have an attitude? Oh yes! We all have attitudes whether it is a positive or negative attitude we do all have an attitude. What is the driving force in our attitudes.

A good friend asked me one day why do you do some of things you do? Does anybody ever know why we do the things we do? Some of the things we do are automatic where it has just become a habit. Other actions are planned... there again your actions can be deemed as positive or negative. As I was reading this book I really wanted to absorb as much information as I could so I could tell about the book versus read to a group of well educated people that can read for themselves.

One of the quotes in the book was by our new CEO, Kelly King. It states, "If it is to be, it is up to me." It is so easy for us to look at others and blame them for the way we act or the way we feel when in all actuality it is us in the driver's seat. I have done that before and then when I look deeper it was me feeling in a negative way. I do not want this entry to be so long you get bored so I will break it up in sections. This book is by far the best book I have ever read besides the Bible. Another quote that I read was "No man is my enemy, No man is my friend, but every man is my teacher." Every person that we meet in our life will have an impact on us whether it be good or bad, positive or negative. We will learn something from that person just make sure that we can always turn that something into a POSITIVE.

No comments: